If you are planning to take a taxi in Munich today, Tuesday, March1, 2016, the average price for the same ride is going to cost you 6.7 per cent more than yesterday. The Munich City Council had approved the price increase last year.
The taxi company IsarFunk offers a “before and after” comparison on their website. A taxi drive from the Max-Joseph-Platz to the Marienplatz used to cost 23.50 euros up until today. From today on the price will be 24.90 euros. These are prices without surcharges and waiting times in traffic. A ride from the Hauptbahnhof central station to the airport now costs 69.70 euros, which is an increase of some 4 euros.
The prices are made up of a starting fee, the distance by kilometre, surcharges per piece of luggage, for animals or for a large taxi for five or more people. The new fixed price for a drive from the airport to the fairground at Riem now costs 63.00 euros. The last time taxi fares were increased was in 2013. Below are some more price examples.
1. Max-Joseph-Platz—Pasinger Marienplatz 23,50 €/24,90 €
2. Hbf—Flughafen 65,50 €/69,70 €
3. Stachus—Geschwister-Scholl-Platz 7,10 € /7,50 €
4. Odeonsplatz—Allianzarena 23,50 €/24,90 €
5. Ostbahnhof—U-Bahnhof Frankfurter Ring 20,50 €/21,70 €
6. BMW-Welt—S-Bahnhof Solln 29,50 €/31,30 €